Salah Abbas Habib, 37 years old man. He was kidnapped by Riot Police on April 20, 2012 and declared dead on April 21, 2012. He was found deceased in a farm in Alshakoora village. He was taken to the Salmaniya Medical Complex Autopsy Room. Autopsy was performed and the man was handled to his family and buried on April 23, 2012 a medical report by Dr. Taha Al-Derazi- Consultant Neurological Surgeon- concerning the case of the martyr Salah Habib who was deceased by riot police on 20th April.
Salah Abbas Habib
Salah Abbas Habib, 37 years old man. He was kidnapped by Riot Police on April 20, 2012 and declared dead on April 21, 2012. He was found deceased in a farm in Alshakoora village. He was taken to the Salmaniya Medical Complex Autopsy Room. Autopsy was performed and the man was handled to his family and buried on April 23, 2012
Examination on April 23, 2012:
He was deceased, in supine position
Bleeding from the mouth, nose and right ear (right ear bleeding mixed with cerebrospinal fluid which indicated fracture of skull base)
Puncture wound in right temporal area of the head
Bruises at the root of the nose
Abrasion in right ear pinna
Unstable cervical spine, possibly due to fracture dislocation
Deformity of left clavicle which indicated clavicular fracture
Deformity of right shoulder which indicated dislocation
· Midline sutured wound extending from suprasternal notch to about 3 cm below the umbilicus (Autopsy was performed)
· Friction burns of second degree on the anterior chest and abdominal wall, at the chest wall an oval-shaped burn 25×20 cm and the abdominal wall 20×15 cm. there was small area of friction burn in right loin about 3×3 cm and bruises over the lower lateral chest wall and loin.
· Deformity of left lateral chest wall and palpable fracture of multiple ribs, possibly 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th with surgical emphysema all over the chest and upper abdomen possible due to fracture ribs and lungs injury and possible injury to the spleen and intraperitonal bleeding
· Doughy abdomen mainly on left side fluid collection, which could be blood.
·Multiple pellet entries in left side of the chest and left loin involving also the back on left side, lateral aspect of left thigh, leg and foot.
· Two areas of friction burn on extensor surface of right elbow joint about 3×2 cm and 2×2 cm.
· Deformity of right hip joint, it was in lateral rotation and abduction with restriction of extension, adduction and medial rotation
Severe head injury
Fracture dislocation of cervical spine
Fracture of left clavicle
Dislocation of right shoulder
Multiple fracture ribs on left side (possible injury to spleen and intraperitoneal bleeding and that resulted in hypovolemic shock)
Friction burn – chest, abdomen, right loin and right elbow joint
Right hip joint dislocation
Multiple pellet entries in left lateral chest wall, left loin, lateral aspect of left thigh, left leg and foot
Possible Causes of Death:
1. Severe head injury
2. Lungs injury
3. Cervical spine injury
4. Splenic injury – hypovolemic shock
Taha Alderazi, MD., CABS., FRCSI., FRCSEd.,
Consultant Neurological Surgeon,