The Political Societies organizing this mass march supports the Youth in the Martyrs square, where five of our finest young people fell down , the square which became the symbol of freedom, dignity and martyrdom, and declare its support to their just and legitimate demands for better future of Bahrain.
The Societies affirm the importance of the peaceful and civilized expression of these demands, and urge the government to adhere to the international conventions to protect today’s peaceful assembly and safeguard the citizens life, especially after the horrible massacre by the security forces inflicting several deaths and many causalities. The crises engulfing our country , is in essence constitutional and political crises, which has been destabilizing the country , thus necessitated this peaceful uprising to cure all the ills and realizes the legitimate ambitions of Bahraini people for real participations in administering the country through real constitutional system and genuine constitutional monarchy leading to elected government.
Among the bright sides of this uprising and youth sit-in, is the appeal for national unity of Bahraini people, in addition to the genuinely of the demands , which are not sectarian , or ideological , which confirms the solid unity of our people The poetical societies support the Youth peaceful and civilized demands, the important of which are :
· Release of all political prisoners and end court proceedings against them.
· Immediate initiation of impartial and independent investigation of summary killing since 14th Feb.2011
· Ensuring the objectivity and neutrality of the official media
· Resignation of the government and formation of a national salvation government, to ensure national peace and facilitate national dialogue
· Drawing a contractual constitution by an elected constitutional assembly, as a base for constitutional monarchy and elected government
· Amending the electoral system, to ensure just and fair representation of all political and societal components
· Providing appropriate guarantees for any agreements between the parties.
We salute and appreciate the entrenched youth and their just demands
May God mercy and forgiveness befall on the heroic martyrs, who scarified their life so that Bahrain becomes homeland for all
PAN-National Gathering, Progressive Forum, National Fraternity, National Gathering, Islamic Action, Alwefaq National Islamic, WAAD
Bahrain – 23 February 2011